Did you know?
Sexual Assault occurs anytime a person is forced into any sexual act. Sexual Assault can occur in ANY type of relationship. It can happen with friends, acquaintances, family, co-workers, and intimate partners (including spouses) and strangers.
Sexual Assault is a crime motivated by the need to control, humiliate, and harm. It is a crime even if you were afraid to fight back, drinking or doing drugs, or have had consensual sex with the person who attacked you! It does not matter if it was a completed rape or if you were not physically hurt.
Victims of sexual assault are:
- 3 times more likely to suffer from depression
- 6 times more likely to suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- 13 times more likely to abuse alcohol
- 26 times more likely to abuse drugs
- 4 times more likely to contemplate suicide
Who does sexual assault happen to? Where does sexual assault happen? It can happen to anyone, anywhere...